THEN, NOW & ALWAYS
To put on a piece of Gen.K Jewelry is to step into the glittering world of sisters Genevie and Kayde Yeo. Combining the elegance of bygone eras with a modern edge, the eponymous label conjures visions of flitting through the decades where bejeweled bees, birds and flowers alight on earlobes, décolletages, wrists or fingers of wearers.
More than glamorous, though, the jewels of Gen.K Jewelry are timeless objects imbued with a story and soul. Each is thoughtfully crafted and grounded in the duo’s curiosity of nature’s nuances, understanding of emotional connections and dedication to life philosophy. Whether you are celebrating love of any kinds, honouring your dearest or signifying a personal milestone, Gen.K Jewelry’s collections are rooted in the many special moments you live — a true embodiment of modern heirlooms that will journey with you on your own adventures.
“Investing in one of our pieces reconnects you with the ‘then’ and ‘now’”, say Genevie and Kayde. “It is meant to be cherished, worn with ease and passed down for generations to come.”
NO STONE IS LEFT UNTURNED
As the saying goes: Everything old becomes new again. The adornments of Gen.K Jewelry are no exception, with jade taking on a contemporary guise in the hands of Genevie and Kayde. The archaic Type A Burmese stone is given a new lease of life, fashioned into whimsical arrangements and modern silhouettes in brilliant metals, and embellished with semi-precious gemstones that intermingle in dazzling blends of colours.
Together, the harmonious dichotomy of materials combined with unparalleled craftsmanship and artistic intuition capture the beauty of the unexpected — an elegant symbiosis between the past and present.
A NEW NOSTALGIA
Set in the heart of Singapore’s Civic and Cultural District, Capitol Piazza now serves as a fitting home for the brand’s flagship atelier. The jewel box of a space that sits on a historic 1930s landmark makes a perfect complement to Genevie and Kayde’s creations, which boast classic bestsellers and new season delights that bridge the gap between heritage and modernity.
INSIDE GEN.K JEWELRY
• Founder Genevie Yeo takes the plunge and builds the Gen.K Jewelry brand around her passion for jade
• She sells timeless handmade jewelry pieces at craft bazaars like Public
Garden Consumer Trade Show and begins to gain a following
• She embarks on her retail journey with a shared space in a shop house at Seah Street with sister and Chief Designer Kayde Yeo
• Genevie employs the expertise of professional craftsmen to materialize her products while she focuses on creating designs
• She creates the exquisite Five Gems bangle, paying homage to the values and virtues of tactfulness of women in the corporate world. The wrist adornment is handcrafted with Type A Burmese jade and embellished with five semi-precious gemstones
• She introduces her first iconic ‘Mother and Child’ Bee collection. Drawing influences from the birth of her first-born son, Genevie pairs whimsical bee motifs with semi-precious gemstones and jades — signifying the unbreakable bond and eternal love of a mother and her child
• Genevie opens her first standalone flagship store in Pacific Plaza
• She presents a full range of jewelry, with each collection catering to different groups of customers of different taste and requirements
• The Straits Times recognizes Gen.K Jewelry as one of the local jewelry brands that is “breaking the mould of traditional designs”
• Women’s Wear Daily (WWD) names Genevie as one of the modern jade designers that is poised to have “a bonafide global audience”
• South Morning China celebrates Gen.K Jewelry as one of the brands that “brought grandma’s gems back to life”
• Gen.K Jewelry participates in the bi-annual shopping event Boutiques Fair
• Genevie launches a curated collection of the most definitive pieces for the modern man dubbed Gen.K Homme
• Genevie expands the brand with Gen.K Ma Cherie, her first collection of adorably classic baby trinkets to celebrate beautiful new arrivals
• Blissful Bride honours Gen.K Jewelry with the accolade of Editor’s Choice Awards 2020
• Gen.K Jewelry establishes Capitol as its new flagship home, a heritage landmark that is synonymous with the brand’s seamless blend of past and present